AHAIN member $15
General public $30
|Location:||Holiday Inn Express Plainfield|
|Address:||6296 Cambridge Way, Plainfield, IN 46168|
Learn Electrical Essentials in Plainfield!
Click here to view a printable registration form.
This 3 hour course is designed to be an overview of electricity and how it works. We will trace the path of electricity from the meter through the entire structure. Topics covered include: Safety, National Electrical Code awareness, OSHA awareness, electrical panel service, and common electrical device installation and trouble shooting.
At the completion of this class students will be able to:
- Define common terms used when describing electricity
- Identify common uses of National Electrical Code
- Discuss and describe safe working techniques
- Describe common tests with a multimeter (Voltage, Amperage and Ohms)
- Explain the differences between AC versus DC power
- Describe the need for a circuit
- Troubleshoot lighting and controls
- Describe the proper installation of common residential electrical devices
Arthur Aros is a professional trainer for HD Supply. Art possesses an AAS degree in Facilities Maintenance from Ivy Tech State College and was an adjunct professor for 15 years teaching for the Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship Program at Prairie State College. He worked his way up from custodian for the US Postal Service to being in charge of building and equipment maintenance for approximately 90 USPS facilities. After 30 years with USPS, he joined HD Supply Customer Training for 10 years before retiring as an HDS Market Trainer in the Chicago, Illinois area. He holds certifications with ESCO – EPA Section 608 Universal Refrigerant and 410-A Refrigerant Safety and is a Proctor for both. Art is also an NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO).